Category Archives: Pop News
Posted by Rubens Saintel
Microsoft has struck deals with over 30 content providers on the Xbox 360. The full list of companies that Microsoft has brought together are leaders in the entertainment industry. Here’s a short list of those that stand out right away:
- Comcast: Only Xfinity On Demand
- Clear Channel: iHeartRadio will be the only digital radio service on Xbox Live, complete with Kinect support. So Last.Fm going away?
- HBO: A new version of the HBO GO
- NBC Universal: Content from Bravo, SyFy and more.
- Manga Entertainment: Very big catalog of streaming anime.
- Crackle: Sony Pictures Entertainment backlog of movies
- EPIX: MGM, Lionsgate and Paramount catalog of movies.
- UFC: Streaming fights and interactivity like ESPN.
- Verizon: 26 channels from the Verizon FiOS
Microsoft’s existing content providers AT&T, ESPN, Netflix, and Hulu Plus. Microsoft also made friends with some International content providers as well such as BBC (UK), Canal+ (France/Spain), MediaSet (Italy), and SBS On Demand (Australia).